Do you have crooked or misaligned teeth?
Dr. Dennis Garpetti and Dr. Brock Hyder offer ClearCorrect clear aligners, an alternative to traditional metal braces. This is an ideal solution for adult patients with mild to moderate orthodontic concerns. Similar to other clear aligner brands, ClearCorrect offers patients a more discreet, comfortable solution over traditional metal braces. The clear aligner treatment uses see through aligners that you can remove for easy oral care and eating. Dr. Garpetti and Dr. Hyder offer many cosmetic dentistry services include invisible braces in Boise, ID to help patients improve the appearance of their smiles.
Why Straighten Crooked Teeth
Patients with crooked and misaligned teeth have a harder time cleaning hard to reach surfaces of the teeth. Failing to clean these areas of the teeth will increase their risk of developing certain complex dental concerns. Even one or two misaligned teeth can affect your oral health. Patients with crooked teeth are more likely to experience tooth decay, gum disease, tooth damage, and even tooth loss.
Misalignment can even lead to gum irritation, jaw pain, and tooth wear. When there is an imbalance in the amount of pressure each tooth receives, patients are more likely to experience tooth damage as a result of uneven pressure. An Improper bite can cause issues with your TMJ. TMJ disorders can be very painful if left untreated.
Finding the appropriate solution to straighten crooked teeth can help improve your overall oral health and your confidence. ClearCorrect invisible aligners are an excellent way to straighten crooked or misaligned teeth. Patients can remove their aligners for thorough brushing and flossing during their daily oral hygiene routine.
The Benefits of Invisible Braces
Patients who choose invisible braces can safely and comfortably straighten their smile without bulky and ugly metal braces. Between the two treatments, invisible braces offer more benefits. However, it cannot treat advanced orthodontic issues. Your dentist will evaluate your teeth and analyze your bite to determine if ClearCorrect will work for you. If you have advanced orthodontic issues, we may refer you to a local orthodontist to coordinate the care you need. Our goal is to safely and effectively reposition the teeth to help you achieve a straighter smile.
The benefits of invisible braces over traditional braces include:
- Appearance: Invisible braces are made of clear plastic material. This makes them almost invisible and the more discreet treatment between the two. Traditional braces are made of metal brackets and wires that are very noticeable when you speak and smile.
- Comfort: Clear and invisible aligners are more comfortable than metal braces. They do not have brackets and wires that stick out from the teeth and poke the soft tissues in the mouth. The aligners are made from impression of your teeth and gums so they will set perfectly on teeth. They will not irritate your gums or cause sores in your mouth.
- Treatment duration: The ClearCorrect aligners can be a shorter treatment than metal braces depending on your needs and dental issues. Typically treatment will last between 6 and 18 months while metal braces can take up to 2 to 3 years.
- Maintenance: It is so much easier to care for removable aligners than it is for metal braces. You can remove the aligners to clean them thoroughly while metal braces will be cleaned at the same time you brush your teeth. With metal braces, you will need special tools to remove food and debris that easily gets stuck.
- Oral Care: Taking care of your teeth is much easier when you can remove your orthodontic aligner. To brush and floss your teeth, simply remove the ClearCorrect aligner, and put it back in when you are done.
- Food restrictions: Since the aligners can be taken out when you eat, there really are no food restrictions. As long as you do not eat with aligners in place in your mouth, you can eat any food you like. On the other hand, with metal braces, you will have to avoid certain foods that can get stuck in the brackets and wires.
- Less Visits: Invisible braces will require less visits to the dentist if you follow your treatment plan properly. Metal braces require a checkup every 6 to 8 weeks.
How ClearCorrect Aligners Work
ClearCorrect aligners are custom designed to fit securely over the teeth and gradually reposition crooked teeth into proper alignment. We use digital imaging and CAD/CAM technology to plan a more precise treatment.
At your first visit, we will take digital images of your teeth and gums. Then we will submit your prescription to ClearCorrect. They will fabricate your aligners from the images. The number of aligners you receive will depend on the complexity of your orthodontic issues and the length of your treatment. Your dentist will explain all aspects of your treatment during your visit.
A typical treatment involves four phases of aligner therapy. Each phase uses a different set of aligners that you will wear for three weeks. During treatment, periodic checkups are needed to make sure you are progressing normally.
You will need to wear your aligners for at least 22 hours a day to achieve the results you desire. You can remove the aligners to care for your oral hygiene every day. Patients with invisible braces do not need to follow any strict dietary restrictions because they are able to remove their aligners when necessary.
To prevent relapse, most dentists recommend wearing a retainer after you complete your treatment.
Schedule a Consult for Invisible Braces in Boise, ID
Would you like to achieve a straighter smile? Schedule an appointment with Dr. Garpetti at LIFESmiles Family & Cosmetic Dentistry in Boise, ID. We welcome new patients from local communities to receive personalized, comprehensive dental care. To explore your treatment options, call (208) 254-6365 or request an appointment online.