You use your teeth, gums, and jaw to eat, speak, and share your smile. Taking care of your teeth from an early age is imperative for enjoying years of beautiful, healthy smiles. Good oral hygiene and routine dentistry can prevent the development of systemic disease, boost your confidence, and allows for a healthier lifestyle. Your mouth is the gateway to the rest of your body and how you care for your smile can impact your overall wellness.
Dental concerns range from discoloration of teeth to broken or missing teeth. LIFESmiles Family & Cosmetic Dentistry provides comprehensive dental care services for a full range of cosmetic and restorative dental health concerns. Our dentists are highly skilled in the art and science of creating healthy, stable and lasting smiles.
Dental Concerns and Your Health
If you notice changes in your oral health, be sure to request an appointment with your dentist as soon as possible. Discomfort in the teeth, gums or jaw, a persistent metallic taste in your mouth, or any changes in the color or texture of your soft tissue could be an indication of a developing dental concern.
Left untreated, minor cosmetic issues often result in more complex issues that could affect the function of your teeth and jaw and eventually your systemic health. Patients who have poor oral health typically experience higher rates of systemic disease. Cardiovascular disease, diabetes, and inflammation rates also tend to be higher in those with missing teeth, gum disease, and generally deteriorating oral health. Protecting the health of your teeth and gums promotes overall health and wellness.
Should dental concerns arise, early diagnosis is key in developing an effective treatment plan. Patients who visit the dentist on a routine basis are able to catch the signs of dental issues before they become more complex.
LEARN MORE ABOUT DENTAL CONCERNS
- Bleeding gums– bleeding gums may signify the presence of periodontal disease.
- Crooked teeth– crooked teeth impact the cosmetic and functional aspects of your bite.
- Fear of the dentist– dental anxiety can be overcome. We offer sedation dentistry options for your comfort.
- Missing teeth– missing teeth lead to an overall deterioration in oral and physical health. LIFESmiles offers replacement options.
- Sleep apnea– sleep apnea can disrupt your quality of life and impact your health. Your dentist may have the solution to sleep apnea.
- Teeth grinding – teeth grinding damages teeth and the jaw. Our dentists may reccomened appliance therapy for bruxism prevention.
- Headaches– headaches occurring first thing in the morning may indicate teeth grinding or sleep apnea.
PREVENTING DENTAL CONCERNS
Six-month dental checkups allow your dentist to identify and address the signs of oral disease or dental concerns early before further damage occurs. Our dental care team will help patients build a treatment and hygiene plan tailored to their unique dental concerns and personal needs and goals. We help to educate our patients of all ages on the importance of routine oral hygiene and regular visits to the dentist office.
Our commitment as dental professionals is to keep your smile clean, healthy and beautiful for years to come.
If you have questions about how you can continue to improve your oral health, ask your Boise, ID dentist at LIFESmiles. Our dental care team can provide personalized recommendations on the right products and methods for brushing better, flossing more thoroughly, and improving your overall oral wellness.