Custom Fit mouthguards vs store bought mouthguards
- Custom designed mouthguards offer superior benefits over store bought mouthguards. Custom made mouthguards are designed with your specific measurements and oral needs in mind. Whether you are participating in contact sports, or your an avid adventurer, custom-made mouthguards can help benefit you in the long run.
- Custom mouthguards fit snugly over the teeth, allowing for a more focused performance. Athletes are able to focus on their performance rather than dealing with an ill-fitted mouthguard during their sports practice or game. With custom designed mouthguards, patients are able to speak and drink comfortably without removing their mouthguard, reducing the risk of misplacing their mouthguard.
Benefits Of A Custom Fit Mouthguard
- A mouthguard is a flexible custom-fitted device worn over teeth during athletic and recreational activities to protect them from damage. A good-fitting mouth guard may be especially important if you wear braces, have fixed anterior bridgework or just want to protect your teeth/smile from potential trauma.
- Mouthguards can buffer damage to the teeth, the brackets and/or other fixed appliances from blows and physical contact. Mouthguards can also act as a barrier between teeth/braces and the cheeks, between the lips and tongue, thereby limiting the risk of soft tissue damage.
How Long Does It Take To Get A Custom Fit Mouthguard?
- Receiving a custom designed mouthguard requires at least two visits to our Boise dental office. During the first visit, your dentist will take impressions of your teeth. The molds are sent to a dental laboratory for fabrication.
- We will inform you once your mouthguard is complete. Your dentist will check the fit and quality to ensure an excellent result. Patients can enjoy their custom mouthguard immediately after their appointment.
Taking preventive measure to protect your teeth and gums can help you save time and money in the long run. Many dental emergencies occur during physical contact sports. Wearing a custom-designed mouthguard can help you reduce your child’s risk for injury to the teeth and gums. To learn more about custom designed mouthguards, speak with one of our experienced team members at LIFESmiles Family and Cosmetic Dentistry.
SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT
Enjoy the benefits of a custom designed mouthguard. Our team can work with patients to create a mouthguard that is just right for their smile. To explore your options, contact our Boise, ID dental office. To schedule an appointment, call (208) 254-6365 or request an appointment online.